The Pre-Apprenticeship Accounting and Insurance programme develops the knowledge and skills to excel in the financial services industry. Gain a broad and balanced programme while allowing for individuality with specialist modules based on your area of interest.
Our course prepares students for employment opportunities in finance settings, particularly in accounting and insurance. We cover a complex and highly regulated sector within our economy, with a varied curriculum that gives you the IT and administrative skills required to build a career in this exciting profession.
- Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied or its equivalent.
- For mature students, work experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Programme of Study
- Business Administration
- Financial Services
- Database Methods
- Book Keeping Manual and Computerised
- Payroll Manual and Computerised
- Work Experience
Employment and Career Opportunities
After completing the programme, there are many employment and career opportunities in the banking and insurance industries, as well as in marketing or social media sectors, and as a professional administrator in any office business.
Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to further studies to the Certificate in Administration Level 6 available in the College or to Institutes of Technology and Universities. Examples of progression courses include:
- BFEI, Accounting Technician Apprenticeship
- DIT, DT315 Business Studies
- IT Tallaght, TA111 Accounting and Finance
- IADT, DL823 Business Studies – Entrepreneurship and Management