This course aims to prepare students for employment in Human Resource (HR) departments in a wide variety of companies throughout Ireland. Most major companies have an HR department, and smaller companies usually have an employee whose job is to look after HR issues such as recruitment, staff training and development, labour law, the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees, and other general Industrial Relations issues.
The specialist HR related modules of this course provide a comprehensive introduction to the theories and applications of HR. This enables graduates to seek immediate employment in a range of HR departments. They will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and competence to provide effective support in HR functions, such as recruitment, staff development, employee relations, and legal compliance.
- Leaving Certificate or its equivalent is advised.
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Programme of Study
- Behavioural Studies
- Business Administration
- Marketing Practice
- Database Methods
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
Two weeks’ work experience is incorporated into this course.
Graduates of this course may seek immediate employment in a range of human resource departments. They will be able to contribute to the smooth functioning of an HR department by providing valuable support in recruitment, staff development, employee relations, and legal compliance.
This certificate can be used to progress to higher level studies in the Higher Education Institutes. Graduates may pursue a diploma or degree in many universities or IT colleges around the country. There is now a large range of certificates and degree courses available to graduates on the newly expanded QQI links programme. The Pre-University Business option will allow students to progress to universities like:
- Maynooth University, UCD, DCU and DIT to pursue business, marketing, finance or commerce options.
- DIT, DT324 in Business Management, however DIT has many places on all of their business programmes and 450 in total in the college.
- Business graduates can also access over100 places in First Arts in Maynooth University.
- IT Blanchardstown, BM016 Business
- NCI, level 8 higher diploma in FinTech