Our Sustainable Interior Design programme is a one-year full-time course that provides students with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to explore sustainable aspects of interior design. This programme is suitable for those who are passionate about sustainable design and want to make a positive impact on the environment. Our students learn how to reuse, reduce, and recycle using upcycled materials to create smart spaces. We offer a range of core and elective modules to help students develop their design skills and gain valuable work experience in the field.
- Leaving Certificate or its equivalent is advised
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Programme of Study
- Colour and Light
- Architectural Drawing
- Computer Aided Design
- Appreciation of Art, Craft & Design
- Design Skills
- Combined Materials
- Work Experience
There is a minimum of two weeks’ work experience placement included in this course.
Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to Universities. Examples of progression courses included which may require a Portfolio
- TUD DT544 Interior Design
- DT598 Visual Merchandising & Display
- Griffith College GC490 Interior Design
- NCAD AD101 First Year Art & Design (common entry)
- BFEI Interior Design Level 6