Would you like to assist and help people to reach their potential? Then this might be the course for you. The purpose of this award is to develop core skills and competencies to support people with a range of additional needs in an inclusive and equitable manner. People who achieve this award work in a range of settings, such as primary and post-primary education and well case community and care homes.
- Leaving Certificate or its equivalent is advised
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Programme of Study
- Work Experience
- Human Growth & Development
- Equality and Disability
- School Age Childcare
- Special Needs Assisting
- Early Childhood Education and Play
- Person Centred Focus to Disability
A period of work experience is incorporated in this programme.
Graduates from this course will be qualified to support the learning environment of children attending different education settings.
Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to further studies in Institutes of Technology and Universities. Examples of progression courses include:
- DIT, DT571 Social Care
- DIT, DT572 Early Childhood Education
- IT Blanchardstown, BN118 Early Childhood Education