The aim of our Pre-University Teaching course is to introduce students to the necessary knowledge and skills for a career in education or to reskill as a trainer in their own work context. The course is designed to develop a foundation of knowledge in the field of education and training, with a focus on interpersonal and group behavior, training and development contexts, intercultural studies, and psychology. Students will also develop personal and professional skills, such as effective communication, research and study skills, and work experience.
Our programme is ideal for those interested in pursuing a career in education, from early childhood education to higher education, or those who want to develop the skills and knowledge to take on a training role in any employment context.
- Leaving Cert or its equivalent is advised
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Programme of Study
- Concepts of Education and Training
- Interpersonal and Group Behaviour
- Training & Development Contexts
- Intercultural Studies
- Personal & Professional Development
- Research & Study Skills
- Work Experience
There is a minimum of two weeks’ work experience placement included in this course. This work experience may be as a trainer in a work place setting or in a college as a classroom assistants.
Employment & Progression
Graduates of our course can take on a training role in any employment context. We have designed our course to allow graduates who achieve the required results to progress to university with a view to studying at undergraduate level. Access a broad range of Arts and Humanities programmes in Higher Education institutes, such as Education and Training, Early Childhood Education, Education Studies, and more. Examples include:
- DCU: DC235, Education and Training
- DCoo1, Early Childhood Education
- MIE: CM010, Education Studies
- CM020, Early Childhood Education
- UCD: DN530, Arts
- TU Blanchardstown: BN118 BA (Honours) Early Childhood Care & Education
- NUIM: MH801, Early Childhood Teaching and Learning (Part-time)
- NCI: BA (Honours) Early Childhood Education
Our Pre-University Teaching course is designed to introduce students to the necessary knowledge and skills for a career in education, or to reskill as a trainer in your own work context. Enhance your skills, knowledge, and practical experience before progressing to higher education teacher programs. Access a broad range of Arts and Humanities programmes in Higher Education institutes, such as Education and Training, Early Childhood Education, Education Studies, and more. Join us and take the first step towards a fulfilling career in education.