Would you like to assist and help people to reach their potential? Then this might be the course for you. The purpose of this award is to develop core skills and competencies to support people with a range of additional needs in an inclusive and equitable manner. People who achieve this award work in a range of settings, such as Independent Living services.
Programme of Study
- Personal Effectiveness
- Equality and Disability
- Understanding Special Needs
- Human Growth & Development
- Person Centred Focus to Disability
Part Time (BTEI)
The Back To Education Initiative (BTEI) provides part-time further education courses. It gives individuals the opportunity to combine learning with family, work and other responsibilities. Anyone who has left full-time education can take part in a course. Fees for part time courses offered under BTEI are normally €200 – €300, depending on duration and schedule. Certain participants are however eligible for free tuition.
The participants eligible for free tuition are people who (or their dependants):
- Have less than upper-second level education or
- Are getting a jobseeker’s payment or means-tested social welfare payment or
- Are getting Working Family Payment (formerly known as Family Income Supplement or
- Have a medical card or
- Are eligible to participate on VTOS or Youthreach.
All other participants are charged a fee