Our Medical Secretary programme provides the IT and administrative skills required to build a career in this exciting profession. These courses prepare students for employment opportunities in any administrative setting, providing a broad and balanced programme while allowing for individuality through the selection of elective modules.
Our specialist modules allow you to choose based on your area of interest. Our programme is of value to those interested in working as an executive secretary/personal assistant in medical, legal, or financial services settings, such as insurance companies or banks. Social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are key elements in today’s business communications, and our course can support the integration of office applications and social media in a business context.
- Leaving Certificate or its equivalent is advised
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Programme of Study
- Medical Terminology/Helix Practice Manager
- Information & Administration
- Database Methods
- Audio Transcription
- Text Production
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
After completing the programme, there are many career opportunities in the following areas:
- Legal Secretary
- Medical Secretary
- Professional Executive Assistant
- Banking or Insurance Administrator
- Administrator in Social Media sector
- Professional Administrator in any office business
Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to further studies to the Certificate in Administration Level 6 available in the College or to Institutes of Technology and Universities. Examples of progression courses include:
- DIT, DT315 Business Studies
- IT Tallaght, TA111 Accounting and Finance
- IADT, DL823 Business Studies – Entrepreneurship and Management