Join our Forensics & Cybersecurity programme and develop the knowledge and skills to excel in the digital age. Explore the behaviour and attitudes that influence our role in social and IT systems in the workplace, community, and societal contexts.
This course is designed to develop knowledge and skills relating to digital forensics and cybersecurity. Learn to collect, analyze, and report on information found on computers and networks, and apply it in law enforcement and investigations, commercial, private, or institutional applications, and in the context of cybersecurity.
Leaving Cert or equivalent is advised, but mature students with work/life experience are also welcome to apply.
Programme of Study
- Database Methods
- Information & Communication Systems
- Research & Study Skills
- Criminal Law
- Personal & Professional Development
The programme includes two weeks of work experience.
After completing the programme, there are many career opportunities in the forensics and cybersecurity fields, such as law enforcement, commerce, and cybersecurity, as well as in advocacy work, Garda Síochána, addiction services, TUSLA/HSE, research work, and youth work.
Our programme has strong progression into Higher Education Institutions depending on the strand chosen by the learner. Progress to the following degree courses:
- TU Dublin: TU758 – Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity
- TU Dublin: TU863 – Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity
- TU Dublin: TU864 – DNA and Forensics Analysis
- Marino Institute of Education: CM020 – Early Childhood Education
- Marino Institute of Education: CM010 – Education Studies
Please note: Applications for this programme should be made through the Computing, Technology and Computer Science Department on our Enrol application system.