Do you want to explore the criminal justice system in Ireland? Our Forensics & Criminology programme is designed to provide a foundation of knowledge in criminology, forensics, and psychology. Learn how these fields relate to society, schools, the workplace, and the community.
Explore the criminal justice system in Ireland with our Forensics & Criminology programme. Develop a foundation of knowledge in criminology, forensics, and psychology and analyze the criminal justice system in broad terms. Suitable for those interested in studying crime and its causes, our programme includes work experience and has strong progression to higher education institutions. Join us and make a difference in the world.
- Leaving Cert or its equivalent is advised.
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
Programme of Study
- Research & Study Skills
- Personal & Professional Development
- Criminal Law
- Anatomy & Physiology
Modules offered may be subject to change due to resource demands.
Two weeks’ work experience is incorporated into this course.
After completing the programme, there are many career opportunities in the forensics and psychology fields, such as advocacy worker, Garda Síochána, addiction services, and outside the justice sector: TUSLA/HSE, research work, youth work.
Our programme has strong progression into Higher Education Institutions depending on the strand chosen by the learner. Progress to the following degree courses:
- TU Dublin: TU758 – Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity
- TU Dublin: TU863 – Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity
- TU Dublin: TU864 – DNA and Forensics Analysis
- Marino Institute of Education: CM020 – Early Childhood Education
- Marino Institute of Education: CM010 – Education Studies
Please note: Applications for this programme should be made through the Applied Social Science and Psychology department on our Enrol system.
Join our Forensics & Criminology programme and develop the skills and knowledge to make a difference in the world.