Prepare for a successful career in the rapidly growing fintech sector with our QQI Level 5 Business Studies course. Specialised modules introduce learners to the innovative financial technology that is driving financial services and enabling new products and services. Our hands-on curriculum provides students with the skills, knowledge, and competencies required to succeed in the global financial services market.
- Leaving Certificate or its equivalent is advised
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Programme of Study
- Financial Services
- Business Administration
- Marketing Practice
- Database Methods
- Work Experience
Two weeks’ work experience is incorporated into this course.
Fintech is a rapidly growing sector of the international financial services market, and our graduates are well equipped to pursue a range of exciting career paths. With a skills-set that combines both business and technical knowledge, graduates can seek immediate employment in a range of human resource departments or in fintech companies, such as start-ups and established financial institutions.
This certificate can be used to progress to higher level studies in the Higher Education Institutes. Graduates may pursue a diploma or degree in many universities or IT colleges around the country. There is now a large range of certificates and degree courses available to graduates on the newly expanded QQI links programme. The Pre-University Business option will allow students to progress to universities like:
- Maynooth University, UCD, DCU and DIT to pursue business, marketing, finance or commerce options.
- DIT, DT324 in Business Management, however DIT has many places on all of their business programmes and 450 in total in the college.
- Business graduates can also access over100 places in First Arts in Maynooth University.
- IT Blanchardstown, BM016 Business
- NCI, level 8 higher diploma in FinTech