This two-year part time course offers students who are working full or part time the opportunity to up-skill in the area of Early Years. Dundrum are now accepting applications on this course for September and January.
Where a prospective student has not attained a Level 5 award prior to their application, and in keeping with the College policy on equality of access and opportunity, entry opportunities to the programme are available offered through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application.
Applicants must be in employment
Programme of Study
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Inclusive Early Learning and Care
- Sociology and Social Policy in ELC
- Supervision and Administration in Early Learning & Care
- The Developing Child
- Advanced Professional Practice Placement
150 hours of professional practice placement with children aged 0- 2 years 8 months, and 2 years 8 months – 6 years.
There are employment opportunities for graduates of the programme as Early Years Teachers and Room Leaders
This course will prepare graduates for a profession which requires a strong commitment to lifelong learning and continuous professional development to meet the dynamic and evolving nature of both the ELC context and demands of professional practice in Early Learning and Care settings. Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to further studies in:
- DCU: DCOO1, Early Childhood Education
- MIE: CM020, Early Childhood Education
- TU Blanchardstown: BN118 BA (Honours) Early Childhood Care & Education
- NUIM: MH801, Early Childhood Teaching and Learning (Part-time)
- NCI: BA (Honours) Early Childhood Education and Care (Advanced Entry)