Currently there is a global shortage of individuals with data analytics talent and trends forecast a continuing strong demand for data analytics and related skills across the economy. Companies envisage that they will continue to need to recruit both experienced individuals and new graduates in these areas in the future. This course aims to provide students with the opportunity to understand and design data science components in computer systems. Building upon their knowledge students will learn the most up to date software to prepare them for a career in this growing area.
We are well known to employers, and many of our graduates have gone on to work in household name companies.
- Leaving Cert or its equivalent is advised
- An O4 in ordinary maths at Leaving Cert level is preferable.
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Programme of Study
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming
- Software Architecture
- Maths for Information Technology
- Programming and Design Principals (Python for Data Analysis)
- Database Methods
- Work Experience
There is a minimum of two weeks’ work experience placement included in this course.
- TU856: Computer Science, TU Dublin Grangegorman
- TU857: Computer Science (Infrastructure), TU Dublin Grangegorman
- TU858: Computer Science (International), TU Dublin Grangegorman
- DL836: Creative Computing, IADT