This course aims to provide students who have completed the Level 5 Computer Science/Computer Systems and Networks courses (or equivalent) with the opportunity to design, develop, secure and test software components for computer systems. Building upon their knowledge students will learn the most up to date programming software technologies to prepare them for a career in this growing area.
We are well known to employers, and many of our graduates have gone on to work in household name companies. Our employer engagement liaison reveals a need for software programmers across many industries.
- Level 5 Computer Science or Level 5 Computer Systems and Networks or another level 5 award in a related course.
- For mature students, work experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Programme of Study
- Project Management
- Relational Databases
- Software Architecture
- Object Oriented Programming
- Graphical User Interface Programming
- Web Development
- Personal & Professional Development
- Digital Compliance
There is a minimum of two weeks’ work experience placement included in this course.
- DN201 Computer Science, UCD
- DC121: Computing, DCU
- DC123: Data Science, DCU
- TU859: Computing, TU Dublin Tallaght
- TU861: Computing with Languages, TU Dublin Tallaght
- TU862: Computing with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning,TU Dublin Tallaght
- TU856: Computer Science, TUD Grangegorman
- TU857: Computer Science (Infrastructure), TUD Grangegorman
- TU858: Computer Science (International), TUD Grangegorman
- TU859 Computing (General Entry), TUD Tallaght
- TU865 Cloud Computing , TUD Tallaght
- TU682 Computing with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning , TUD Tallaght
- DL836: Creative Computing, IADT