This course is designed to give students the
opportunity to acquire expertise in the areas of accounts, payroll and general
administration skills. It is ideal for
those seeking employment in small to medium sized businesses using the latest
software. An aptitude for book-keeping
would be relevant for this course.
- Leaving Certificate or its equivalent is advised
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Programme of Study
- Business Administration
- Payroll Manual and Computerised
- Book Keeping Manual and Computerised
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
- Database Methods
- Spreadsheet Methods
Two weeks supervised work experience is incorporated into this course
A wide variety of employment opportunities exist, i.e., banking, insurance, accounts/payroll and general administration. Alternatively, there are opportunities to work in a self-employed capacity in the Accounts area for small businesses.
Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to further studies to the Certificate in Administration Level 6 available in the College or to Institutes of Technology and Universities. Examples of progression courses include:
- DIT, DT315 Business Studies
- IT Tallaght, TA111 Accounting and Finance
- IADT, DL823 Business Studies – Entrepreneurship and Management