This course offers learners the opportunity to acquire a QQI level 5 award in General Studies 5M3114 focusing on a broad-based study of liberal arts.
The course aims to provide a programme of learning as an access course to Higher Education. The modules studied are suited to those who wish to progress to degree level courses in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. The course aims to equip students with the academic skills necessary to succeed in their first year at university.
Students can choose from a range of subject options leading to:
- Liberal Arts (General Studies)
- Liberal Arts (Philosophy and Classical Studies)
- Liberal Arts (Folklore and Mythology)
- Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied or its equivalent.
- For mature students, work experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.