This course aims to prepare students for employment in the Fintech sector. The specialist modules introduce learners to the area of financial technology so that they will be motivated to pursue job opportunities and further training in the sector. The student will develop an understanding of the international financial services market and develop competence in key finance concepts, digital and interpersonal skills. This course offers an introduction to each of the above areas and so leaves the student informed and skilled when applying for related company positions.
- Leaving Certificate or its equivalent is advised
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Two weeks’ work experience is incorporated into this course.
HR Graduates may seek immediate employment in a range of human resource departments. For those who chose the FinTech option, this is a rapidly growing sector of the international financial services market. Fintech can be described as innovation in financial services enabled by technology, through the development of new products and services from both start- ups and established financial institutions. The Government’s strategy for the Irish Financial Services Centre (IFSC) aims to create 10,000 additional jobs over the next four to five years, however, a skills shortage in the FinTech sector has been identified as a barrier to growth. Developing a skills-set which combines both the business and technical knowledge of the international financial services market is crucial for anyone who would like to work in this sector.
This certificate can be used to progress to higher level studies in the Higher Education Institutes. Graduates may pursue a diploma or degree in many universities or IT colleges around the country. There is now a large range of certificates and degree courses available to graduates on the newly expanded QQI links programme. The Pre-University Business option will allow students to progress to universities like:
- Maynooth University, UCD, DCU and DIT to pursue business, marketing, finance or commerce options.
- DIT, DT324 in Business Management, however DIT has many places on all of their business programmes and 450 in total in the college.
- Business graduates can also access over100 places in First Arts in Maynooth University.
- IT Blanchardstown, BM016 Business
- NCI, level 8 higher diploma in FinTech