Our Pre University Teaching course introduces students to the necessary knowledge and skills, whilst laying the foundation for those who wish to progress to a career in education. Students will enhance their skills, knowledge and practical experience prior to progressing to higher education teacher programmes. It also affords those in an employment setting to re-skill as a trainer in their own context.
- Leaving Cert or its equivalent is advised
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
There is a minimum of two weeks’ work experience placement included in this course. This work experience may be as a trainer in a work place setting or in a college as a classroom assistants.
Employment & Progression
Graduates of this course can take on a training role in any employment context. In consultation with Education partners in Higher Education, we have designed this course to allow graduates who achieve the required results progress to University with a view to studying at undergraduate level. It is envisaged that graduates of this programme would access a broad range of Arts and Humanities programmes in Higher Education institutes. Dundrum College of Further Education works with all students over the academic year to ensure every opportunity to progress to Higher Education undergraduate courses are applied for. Examples include:
- DCU: DC235, Education and Training
- DCoo1, Early Childhood Education
- MIE: CM010, Education Studies
- CM020, Early Childhood Education
- UCD: DN530, Arts
- TU Blanchardstown: BN118 BA (Honours) Early Childhood Care & Education
- NUIM: MH801, Early Childhood Teaching and Learning (Part-time)
- NCI: BA (Honours) Early Childhood Education