This course aims to provide whose who are working in the Early Learning profession and are interested in gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and practical experience required to work at a supervisory level.
This course also provides those graduates who achieve the required standard progress to higher education.
- Students must be in employment at the commencement of the course and have a QQI level 5 or equivalent in early care and Education practice or equivalent.
There is a minimum of 120 hours experience placement required on this course. This work experience must take place in an Early Learning setting
Employment and Progression
This course provide graduate with the opportunity to work at professional supervisory level in an Early Learning and Care setting. In consultation with Education partners in Higher Education, we have designed this course to allow graduates who achieve the required results progress to University with a view to achieving an undergraduate degree. Examples include:
- DCU: DCOO1, Early Childhood Education
- MIE: CM020, Early Childhood Education
- TU Blanchardstown: BN118 BA (Honours) Early Childhood Care & Education
- NUIM: MH801, Early Childhood Teaching and Learning (Part-time)
- NCI: BA (Honours) Early Childhood Education