This course will provide students with a broad textile and craft education base. Students will incorporate new ways of working and expand their textile practice. Emphasis is placed throughout the course on drawing, design and the production process. Students will develop their own experimental textiles and fibres using unusual material and the latest techniques. They will explore how textile artists and designers use fabric manipulation and stitch for craft and design. In addition, students will learn about ceramic and glass craft techniques.
- Suitability for the course will be assessed at interview.
- Creativity and a strong interest in design, and learning about textile and craft skills are essential.
- Students should have completed Level 5 Art, Craft and Design or present a portfolio of work which shows a competency that they have reached that level.
- Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied or its equivalent.
- For mature students, work experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.