The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the fundamentals to install, configure and maintain computer systems and basic networks under supervision leading to employment in a range of sectors. It also facilitates progression to further studies at Level 6.
- Leaving Certificate or its equivalent is advised
- Mature students are welcome to apply. Work/life experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- Candidates would ideally need to have a minimum of a pass in Mathematics at Leaving Cert or its equivalent
Two weeks’ work experience is incorporated into this course
On successful completion of this course students can progress to Computer Systems & Networks QQI Level 6 available in the College where they will expand their knowledge in the area of Internetworks, broadband and advanced operating systems, wireless networks, ISP technologies, multimedia technologies etc.
Graduates who achieve the required standard may also progress to further studies to Institutes of Technology and Universities. Examples of progression courses include:
- DIT, DT080 Network Technologies
- IT Tallaght, TA312 Computing
- IT Tallaght, TA313 IT Management