Please note: This programme is listed under the Psychology Hub when you make an application through our Enrol system
This course will help equip students with the knowledge and skills to contribute to the community-wide responses required to successfully confront the challenges faced by society in the 21st century. The course focuses on the relationship between the individual and society, and how, by working and taking action together we can transform both the world around us and ourselves, for the better.
- Level 5 award in Humanities or a related course.
- For mature students, work experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to contribute effectively to the work of organisations in a range of community development and or community work settings and/or to progress to higher education and training.
This course offers students a range of potential for future employment in the social, voluntary and community sectors.
Students can also progress to further study at a higher level across a range of social science disciplines.
Progression to the following Degree courses:
● TU791 L7 Applied Social Studies in Social Care – TU Blanchardstown
● TU991 L8 Applied Social Studies – Social Care – TU Blanchardstown
● TU996 L8 Social Care – TU Dublin City Campus
● TU997 L8 Applied Social Care – TU Tallaght
● MH101 L8 Arts – NUI Maynooth
● MH107 L8 Social Science – NUI Maynooth
● DN700 L8 Social Science – University College Dublin
● DN720 L8 Psychology – University College Dublin
● DN750 L8 Social Policy and Sociology – University College Dublin