These courses are designed for students wishing to work with young children whatever your chosen setting. They are suitable for both school leavers and for mature students seeking a formal qualification.
- Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied or its equivalent.
- A specific interest in Childcare is essential.
- For mature students, work experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
A period of 120 hours work experience is required for this programme. This may take the form of one day per week for the academic year and/or a block release. The College will inform the students of the format in September
A professional qualification in ECCE is now a pre-requisite to working in the ever-expanding childcare area. The successful candidate would be qualified to work in a privately run Nursery, Voluntary ECCE Setting, Hospital or Early Start Centre.
Graduates who achieve the required standard may progress to further studies in:
- Early Childhood Care and Education Level 6 (available in the College) or
- DIT, DT572 Early Childhood Education
- IT Blanchardstown, BN118 Early Childhood Education
- NCI, BA (Honours) Early Childhood Education